Maximize your response rate to leaving a networking phone voicemail by following these four easy steps:
- Provide your name and phone number right up front. Speak slowly.
- If you have a connection who gave you this person's name, say that up front, as well as the reason (briefly) for your call.
- When possible, take the burden of action for follow up.*
- Restate your name (spell it if it's often misunderstood) and phone number - slowly and clearly.
* It can sound like this: "If you get a chance to call me back, that would be great. I will also call again tomorrow."
These simple tips will make it easier for your contact to respond. Remember, no one likes to keep replaying a message to get all the important details.
Ask the Writers
We love to hear from our readers. If you have something you would like to ask our writers, please send us your questions.