Staffing Coordinator/Central Supply
National HealthCare Associates | Maywood, NJ
The Employer has temporarily removed this postingStaffing Coordinator/Central Supply
MAJOR PURPOSE: Responsible for scheduling RN's/LPN's and Certified Nursing Assistants for a 24 hour per day, 7 day a week operation. Must remain within budgeted hours each week. Must not schedule overtime without prior approval of the Administrator.
* Appropriately schedule all RN's/LPN's and Certified Nursing Assistants to budgeted staffing levels to cover shifts 24 hours per day -- 7 days per week.
* Monitor schedules to ensure that overtime is not incurred without the prior approval of the Administrator.
* Replace any call-outs as soon as possible, being sure not to use overtime unless prior approval from the Administrator is received.
* Each week -- process timecards for the Nursing Department.
* Track employee vacation, personal, birthday and earned days requested off.
* Provides reception desk relief as assigned.Meet at least weekly (or more often, as needed) with the Director of Human Resources (or Director of Nursing) to discuss Nursing Department staffing needs.
* Maintain an accurate/updated listing of all nursing staff phone numbers.
* Maintain and order central supplies.
* Other duties as assigned by Director of Nursing and/or Administrator.
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
* Must be proficient in the English language, including grammatical usage.
* Must possess patience and the ability to relate tactfully and professionally with all nursing staff members.
* Must be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures and policies.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during emergency situations.
* Ability to complete assignments in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
* Must possess outstanding organizational skills.Ability to understand and operate mechanics of a multi-line telephone/paging system.
* Must have computer experience.Must be proficient in the English language
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled