MEMIC is seeking a healthcare professional with experience in ergonomics and safe patient handling to join our team as a Healthcare Consultant. The Safety Management Consultant will be responsible for identifying, assessing and evaluating health and safety exposures and hazards at client companies including healthcare, retail, light manufacturing, hospitality and education organizations
- Identify, assess and evaluate health and safety exposures and hazards at client companies.
- Making appointments and setting a schedule, physical field assessments and consultation for initial and prospective customers.
- Document exposures and their control or lack thereof, providing appropriate action steps needed to improve the risk. Reports provided to agents, customers and internal users.
- Follow-up on action plans through revisits for the consultation and training process and building strong business relations.
- Building positive relationships with customers, agents and internal departments such as Claims and Underwriting through clear written and oral communications.
- Adhering to Department, Company Performance Standards, and ANSI/IACET standards.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Engineering or similar technical field or equivalent in education and experience.
- Experience with loss control consulting in healthcare, general manufacturing, hospitality and education is a plus.
- A proven track record of effective performance in the field of specialization is critical to the success of the consultant and the customer.
- Designations relevant to the field of specialization are preferred and strongly encouraged; i.e., CSP, COHN, MS Degree in specialty, Authorized OSHA Outreach instructor, etc.
- Experience with safe patient handling program and healthcare ergonomics required.