RN Supervisor- Evenings
National HealthCare Associates | Maywood, NJ
* Functions as Charge Nurse RN in the event that there is a call out and the nurse cannot be replaced.
* Assumes independent responsibilities for documenting disciplinary concerns for charge nurses on designated shifts, including reprimands, oral and written warnings, and recommending the suspension or discharge of an employee.
* Assists in on-going Quality Assurance of resident care and documentation.
* Monitors schedule of physicians' visits and keeps Medical Director advised of any and all discrepancies.
* CPR certified.
* Ability to work hours as scheduled based on the requirements of the position/assignments.
* Registered Nurse licensed in the State of employment. Minimum of one year of education or experience in geriatric nursing or rehabilitation preferred.
* Knowledge of nursing theory and practice including the administration of medications.
* Assumes other duties as assigned by ADNS.
* Must be able to cope with the mental, emotional and physical stress of the position.
* Must be able to observe, listen and communicate effectively. Must function independently, have flexibility, personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively with residents, personnel, support agencies, and outside agencies.
* Must be able to relate to and work with the ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
Maywood Center for Health and Rehabilitation offers a competitive benefits package including medical/prescription/dental/vision/life insurances as well as Short Term Disability, 401K plan and a company discount program!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled